Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Oh La La-Mexique

Mexico City offers various different fashion styles, from indigenous traditional clothing that can be bought in the "Zoocalo" to high fashion clothing from the street Masaryk, the city's 5th avenue. At one moment I see vivid colors at the mercados and get inspired to wear bright colors and then next I see a fashion forward girl walking down the street to go to a cafe.

Mexico, contrary to many people's opinion of it, is very similar to New York-filled with little cute cafes where you can just sit down and socialize. It is a fast moving city, with a lot of traffic. Just like New York.

While I was in Mexico, I did what I call "people watching". As I watched the chic and the not so chic women and men walk the streets of Mexico, I realized how fashionable the city really was.

Christian Louboutin Sparkle Oxfords. Paired with a simple day dress, they make the perfect outfit. I saw a girl in these with a black loose short-sleeved cotton dress and a leather clutch. It was a magnificent outfit.


Now, at least in Texas, you do not see men wearing these polos out with their designer glasses and jeans, but in Mexico, it is extremely common. Even more common are button down oxford shirts that are not buttoned to the top. And on top of it all, they wear nice fitting pants without pleads. Yes, guys and men wearing pants, not gym shorts or ugly jeans. It is heaven in Mexico!

Also colorful jeans such as blue, red, and light pink were also clothes that caught my eye, in a good way!

-RoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment