Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Arte en Los Espacios Blancos

Today in my English class, we went to an art gallery called Gremillion & Co. There we got to meet with Nicola Parente and look around at his most recent series, named "Edge of Awakening". Talking to a fellow artist was very inspiring, especially hearing his story on how he actually came to be an artist. I also learned how galleries select artists and paintings to be featured in their gallery's.
(Picture from blurb.com)

We also went to the Museum for Contemporary Craft and saw some amazing pieces! It is an exhibition that showcases about 50 artists around Texas and there are about 73 pieces shown! The actual museum also has some artists in residence there. It's a very different museum, but very beautiful!

I have become increasingly interested in not only fashion, but the art world in general. I definitely want to be an art collector at some point in my life so that I can support my fellow artists, and be able to enjoy art at my house! For now, what I can, and will do is attend gallery openings and galleries in general!

-RoJo

2 comments:

  1. I actually worked at a contemporary art gallery this summer! My boss was the director? (not sure of the title exactly) of the craft center. Its a great place.

    p.s. not to creep, but I'm Batli's friend

    ReplyDelete